Hurry Up and Wait

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Resolutions that stick

I never make New Year's resolutions... until this year at least. Mainly because I could never see the point in publicly proclaiming something that would last about a day and half. This year is different. I dreaded looking in the mirror, standing on the scale, the whole nine yards. So this year it was lose five pounds a month (a whole lot more reasonable than lose 5o or 60 pounds), quit smoking when I lose 30, and work out 4 times a week.

I'm really fortunate, I have a fabulous personal trainer, a workout buddy and a role model. Cheryl is the exact combination of push and encouragement that I need. Holly, of whom I can be terribly jealous is a great workout buddy, and Taylor, despite his broken rib from the mountain bike trails, is a great role model and supporter. And the results so far? 10 pounds and 5 workouts a week... Gotta get on that smoking thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home